The students have continued to work really hard to write a persuasive statement of position.
We have been learning that when writing a statement of position, we need to:
- State the topic.
- State our opinion.
- Use high modality words and language of opinion.
- State three arguments in one sentence.
- Ask a rhetorical question.
It is important to include a rhetorical question in order to persuade the reader to agree with your opinion.
Rhetorical question starters include the following.
- How could you (we) possibly..?
- Do you really think…?
- What would happen if…?
- Could your conscience cope with..?
- Is it really worth..?
- Do you want to be part of..?
Listen and watch some students present their statements of position.
Can you hear the features of a statement of position in the videos? Provide examples.
Continue to copy and paste your approved statements of position from the Google doc into a comment on this post.