In August and September this year, St Felix has been celebrating book week.
5 Reasons Why You Should Read!
- Reading provides you with knowledge – you learn more as you read!
- Reading books can increase your vocabulary – the more you read, the more words you will know!
- Reading helps you to develop confidence when speaking.
- It relieves stress and helps you to relax.
- Reading helps you to forget everything around around you. It helps to improve your memory and increase concentration.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr Suess
“If you don’t like to read you haven’t found the right book.”
– J.K. Rowling
Year five watched a performance on Tuesday 13th August called ‘The Owls Apprentice’. Click here to find out about Jenny Ellis and her puppets. Take a look at the photos below.
Remember to take a photo of yourself reading in an unusual place and email it to Miss Azzopardi.
Many students in year five have written fantastic book reviews in the ‘Year Five 2013 Book Reviews’ Google Presentation – don’t forget to read them and add some yourself!
If you could ask the owl, Hoot, a question, what would it be?
What did Hoot learn? How do you know?
What questions would you like to ask Jenny Ellis?
When and where do you like to read? Do you have a favourite book? What is it?